Thursday, June 7, 2007

Italia

oh my gosh
oh my gosh
oh my gosh
oh. my. gosh.

rick and i are going to italy!
its true, its true

kim came by today
with her plan in a
notebook.
full of stuff
maps and info
i was speechless
i still am

she asked me
sometime ago
that if there was just one thing
i could do before i died,
what would it be?
without hesitation i said
Italy!

as she sat in my kitchen
what opened and happened
before me
became a plan!
with 18 (to start off with)
questions
maps and flight info
dates...

lets say september
when its getting cooler
kids are in school
the time of year when i reflect
high holidays and all that
its also yom kippur.
and the 22 of the month.
(the one year anniversary
of my hospital admitance)

we both just screamed
when we saw the date!
its freaky i tell ya
i bet there is a
full moon there too

i am shaking my head
in disbelief
connections, people who know people
frequent flier miles
dear friends stationed in Rome
this is her gift to me!
a plan
i could not have put together
a better one myself
(especially these days)

oh kim!
i love you.
you busy little expeditor,
you.
ciao bella!












No comments: